Domestic car sales rise 14.76% in June
Two-wheeler sales rise 13%, but commercial vehicle sales were down 9%July 09, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
New Delhi: Domestic passenger car sales increased 14.76% to 1,60,232 units in June as compared to 1,39,624 units in the year-ago month.
Motorcycle sales last month climbed 9.63% to 8,76,196 units from 7,99,254 units a year earlier, according to data released by the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM).
The total two-wheeler sales in June rose 12.99% to 12,61,589 units.
Sales of commercial vehicles were down 9.03% to 51,119 units in June, SIAM said.
Vehicle sales across categories registered an increase of 12.15% to 15,78,884 units from 14,07,875 units in June 2013, it added.
- Grofers' standalone loss narrows to Rs 258 crore in FY18
- Tablez eyes launching 20 exclusive Build-A-Bear stores in India
- Future Consumer signs MoU with T Choithrams & Sons
- Apparel brand Turms raises Rs 2 crore in fresh funding
- Luxury brand Shazé plans to launch up to 10 new stores in 2019
- Patanjali eyes opening 100 Paridhan stores in the next one year
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore