Domestic car sales rise 14.76% in June
Two-wheeler sales rise 13%, but commercial vehicle sales were down 9%July 09, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
New Delhi: Domestic passenger car sales increased 14.76% to 1,60,232 units in June as compared to 1,39,624 units in the year-ago month.
Motorcycle sales last month climbed 9.63% to 8,76,196 units from 7,99,254 units a year earlier, according to data released by the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM).
The total two-wheeler sales in June rose 12.99% to 12,61,589 units.
Sales of commercial vehicles were down 9.03% to 51,119 units in June, SIAM said.
Vehicle sales across categories registered an increase of 12.15% to 15,78,884 units from 14,07,875 units in June 2013, it added.
- Welspun group aims Rs 1,000 crore turnover from new flooring line
- Miniso eyes sourcing Indian products to Australia & US
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years