Dr. Oetker looking to expand in the south
After acquiring a North-based Indian company, Fun Foods, a German company, Dr. Oetker, is now scouting for more food
September 29, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
After acquiring a North-based Indian company, Fun Foods, a German company, Dr. Oetker, is now scouting for more food companies, down south. “Having scanned northern India, we are looking for food companies in South India. These should typically be small, family-owned companies making non-Indian foodstuffs in categories such as spreads, sauces, dessert powders or even breakfast cereals such as muesli, and do not export their offerings. Ideally, we would like to fully own companies rather than pick up stakes in them,'' said Oliver Mirza, Managing Director, Dr. Oetker India, and Fun Foods.
Besides, Dr. Oetker is looking forward to launching its frozen heat-and-serve pizzas. “We are already the leading pizza brand in Italy, in spite of being a German company, and are looking at getting into the frozen pizza market in India too,” added Mirza.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021