Dr. Oetker looking to expand in the south
After acquiring a North-based Indian company, Fun Foods, a German company, Dr. Oetker, is now scouting for more food
September 29, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
After acquiring a North-based Indian company, Fun Foods, a German company, Dr. Oetker, is now scouting for more food companies, down south. “Having scanned northern India, we are looking for food companies in South India. These should typically be small, family-owned companies making non-Indian foodstuffs in categories such as spreads, sauces, dessert powders or even breakfast cereals such as muesli, and do not export their offerings. Ideally, we would like to fully own companies rather than pick up stakes in them,'' said Oliver Mirza, Managing Director, Dr. Oetker India, and Fun Foods.
Besides, Dr. Oetker is looking forward to launching its frozen heat-and-serve pizzas. “We are already the leading pizza brand in Italy, in spite of being a German company, and are looking at getting into the frozen pizza market in India too,” added Mirza.
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2
- Indian food retail market may attract investment USD 827 bln by 2023: study
- Amazon to invest 220 crore more in Amazon Pay
- Gap Inc. accelerates digital transformation with Microsoft Cloud
- Casa Buzallong launches its first store in Vadodara
- Raymond is now present across 500 towns in India with a dedicated retail chain footprint