Drift from FMCG to Liquor
VI-John partners with Spainís Mahou San Miguel to launch beers in India.September 15, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Vi-John group entered into a joint venture with Spain’s beer major, Mahou-San Miguel, to announce the launch of newe beer brands Dare Devil 10000 Premium Strong Beer and Mahou Cinco Estrallas in the Indian market. While Mahou will be imported, Dare Devil will be manufactured at the plant set up by the group in Bhiwadi, Rajasthan. The brewery is spread over an areas of 1,70,000 sq. ft with a production capacity of 250,000 HLA. Arian Breweries and Distilleries is a subsidiary of VI-John and is the new business Joint Venture between both the groups. This is a 50-50 JV which was inked this year.
Dare Devil is a strong beer targeted at the young, modern and adventurous customer whereas Mahou Cinco Estrallas is a premium beer targeted at young, modern, cosmopolitan consumer who wants to enjoy a high-quality premium beer.
Bhupinder Singh Kochar, Chairman, VI-John said, “We are proud to announce our venture into the liquor business and we see great potential in this sector. Mahou San Miguel is a market leader in Spain and the number one exportes, producing more than 75 per cent of the national bee marketed outside Spain. We are confident that we will be able to carve out a sustainable market share and contribute to growing beer segment.”
Alberto Todriguez_Toquero, MD, Mahou San Miguel said, “We see immense opportunity in the Indian market. With VI-John’s understanding of consumers in Indian and our expertise in the beer segment, we are confident that we will be successful in our venture.
They will begin distribution first in North India in the states of Rajasthan, Delhi, Haryana, Punjab, Chandigarh, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Uttrakhand and Hp and garner a market share of 10 per cent. Once they move pan-India, the percentage share they will be targeting is two per cent.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021