Drift from FMCG to Liquor
VI-John partners with Spainís Mahou San Miguel to launch beers in India.September 15, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Vi-John group entered into a joint venture with Spain’s beer major, Mahou-San Miguel, to announce the launch of newe beer brands Dare Devil 10000 Premium Strong Beer and Mahou Cinco Estrallas in the Indian market. While Mahou will be imported, Dare Devil will be manufactured at the plant set up by the group in Bhiwadi, Rajasthan. The brewery is spread over an areas of 1,70,000 sq. ft with a production capacity of 250,000 HLA. Arian Breweries and Distilleries is a subsidiary of VI-John and is the new business Joint Venture between both the groups. This is a 50-50 JV which was inked this year.
Dare Devil is a strong beer targeted at the young, modern and adventurous customer whereas Mahou Cinco Estrallas is a premium beer targeted at young, modern, cosmopolitan consumer who wants to enjoy a high-quality premium beer.
Bhupinder Singh Kochar, Chairman, VI-John said, “We are proud to announce our venture into the liquor business and we see great potential in this sector. Mahou San Miguel is a market leader in Spain and the number one exportes, producing more than 75 per cent of the national bee marketed outside Spain. We are confident that we will be able to carve out a sustainable market share and contribute to growing beer segment.”
Alberto Todriguez_Toquero, MD, Mahou San Miguel said, “We see immense opportunity in the Indian market. With VI-John’s understanding of consumers in Indian and our expertise in the beer segment, we are confident that we will be successful in our venture.
They will begin distribution first in North India in the states of Rajasthan, Delhi, Haryana, Punjab, Chandigarh, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Uttrakhand and Hp and garner a market share of 10 per cent. Once they move pan-India, the percentage share they will be targeting is two per cent.
- From MakeMyTrip to Cleartrip, e-travel firms to top $10 bn in bookings
- Myntra launches Italian handbag brand Carpisa exclusively on its platform
- Paytm partners insurance provider LIC
- Microsoft starts retailing of Amazon Echo devices online and in stores
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO