Ektaa: Future Groupís novel commodity brand
Aiming squarely at poising its presence as a private brand
July 30, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Aiming squarely at poising its presence as a private brand, Kishore Biyani's Future Group introduced a new commodity brand codenamed as ‘Ektaa’.
The company anticipates the brand to become Rs 300 crore worth in next two years. "The big idea here is to capture at least 20 per cent market share in all categories that Ektaa will be launched in,” said Ashni Biyani, director, Future Ideas, Future Group.
Under the brand, the company would roll out rice, spices, cereals, flour, pickles, regional snacks, and other products.
Though the pricing of these products would be slightly high but there would be no compromise on quality. The product would be sourced from their own group company Future Agrovet.
Ektaa products would be available in all Big Bazar, Food Bazar and Aadhaar outlets across the country. The company refused to divulge the initial scale it was looking at. The company is likely to make Ektaa products available through other traditional retail format routes as well.
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn
- Spin introduces its 1st experience store in Delhi
- Skechers India to become wholly-owned subsidiary of Skechers Footwear
- bigbasket expands its offerings to include beauty products
- Health & Glow launches its 150th store in India