Ektaa: Future Groupís novel commodity brand
Aiming squarely at poising its presence as a private brand
July 30, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Aiming squarely at poising its presence as a private brand, Kishore Biyani's Future Group introduced a new commodity brand codenamed as ‘Ektaa’.
The company anticipates the brand to become Rs 300 crore worth in next two years. "The big idea here is to capture at least 20 per cent market share in all categories that Ektaa will be launched in,” said Ashni Biyani, director, Future Ideas, Future Group.
Under the brand, the company would roll out rice, spices, cereals, flour, pickles, regional snacks, and other products.
Though the pricing of these products would be slightly high but there would be no compromise on quality. The product would be sourced from their own group company Future Agrovet.
Ektaa products would be available in all Big Bazar, Food Bazar and Aadhaar outlets across the country. The company refused to divulge the initial scale it was looking at. The company is likely to make Ektaa products available through other traditional retail format routes as well.
- Montblanc opens new boutique in Bangalore
- Milkbasket tops up its Series A with another $7 Million
- Lingerie e-tailer Clovia plans to open 75 stores by 2021-end
- Welspun group aims Rs 1,000 crore turnover from new flooring line
- Miniso eyes sourcing Indian products to Australia & US
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka