Enough stocks of onions, potatoes in city: Delhi government
Officials said that 1,607.1 metric tonnes of onions and 1,394.9 metric tonnes of potatoes arrived in the city today.July 09, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
NEW DELHI: Delhi government today announced there is no shortage of onions and potatoes in the city and that the arrival of fresh stocks at the wholesale markets of Azadpur, Ghazipur, Keshopur and Okhla was more than the requirement.
Officials said that 1,607.1 metric tonnes of onions and 1,394.9 metric tonnes of potatoes arrived in the city today.
Onion was sold today at Rs 13.75 to Rs 25.50 per kg while the modal price was Rs 21.57 per kg.
Potatoes were sold at Rs 12 to Rs 22.5 per kg with its modal price being Rs 16.98 per kg.
Delhi government is continuing with its efforts to ensure availability of onions and potatoes at reasonable rates in the national capital.
The Department of Food and Supplies has collected retail prices of onions and potatoes from 325 markets across Delhi. Average retail price for onions and potatoes in different markets of Delhi is Rs 30/kg and Rs 26/kg, respectively, it said.
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG
- Bluestone eyes expanding in India with offline stores
- Zomato buys Lucknow-based TechEagle Innovations
- Curefit may foray into online retailing of sportswear