Enough stocks of onions, potatoes in city: Delhi government
Officials said that 1,607.1 metric tonnes of onions and 1,394.9 metric tonnes of potatoes arrived in the city today.July 09, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
NEW DELHI: Delhi government today announced there is no shortage of onions and potatoes in the city and that the arrival of fresh stocks at the wholesale markets of Azadpur, Ghazipur, Keshopur and Okhla was more than the requirement.
Officials said that 1,607.1 metric tonnes of onions and 1,394.9 metric tonnes of potatoes arrived in the city today.
Onion was sold today at Rs 13.75 to Rs 25.50 per kg while the modal price was Rs 21.57 per kg.
Potatoes were sold at Rs 12 to Rs 22.5 per kg with its modal price being Rs 16.98 per kg.
Delhi government is continuing with its efforts to ensure availability of onions and potatoes at reasonable rates in the national capital.
The Department of Food and Supplies has collected retail prices of onions and potatoes from 325 markets across Delhi. Average retail price for onions and potatoes in different markets of Delhi is Rs 30/kg and Rs 26/kg, respectively, it said.
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn
- Spin introduces its 1st experience store in Delhi
- Skechers India to become wholly-owned subsidiary of Skechers Footwear