Epson appoints new President
Toshiyuki Kasai holds an experience of 30 years.March 29, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Digital imaging and printing solutions provider, Epson, has appointed Toshiyuki Kasai as the President at Epson India. Kasai will be based out of Epson India’s Bangalore headquarters. An Industrial Engineer from Waseda University, he will bring with him extensive experience spanning 30 years spent in various capacities within the Seiko Epson group.
With India being a priority market, Epson India will no longer be reporting to the regional hub at Epson Singapore, but will now be reporting directly to Seiko Epson Japan.
Kasai has a vast body of experience and has worked in various functions including production control, purchase, information systems, corporate planning, business planning, profit management and various project activities. This is Kasai’s third posting out of Japan. He has spent seven years at Epson Portland (USA) in the late 80s and early 90s and subsequently was the Senior Vice President of Business Infrastructure at Epson Europe from 2004 to 2007. Prior to joining Epson India, Kasai was the Head of Business Management for the Imaging and Information Division at Seiko Epson Japan.
“I am honoured to be given the responsibility of taking the Epson brand further in this exciting market. We have a strong team, some amazing products and an extremely robust channel in place at Epson India. I am excited and looking forward to providing the vision and direction to ensure further robust growth for Epson India while ensuring fair returns to all its stakeholders,” said Toshiyuki Kasai.
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG