Eric Herman on board Damco
Takes over as Global CCO.May 03, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Eric Herman has moved to a position as Global Chief Commercial Officer for Damco, the logistics arm of A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. He will take overall responsibility for Damco’s global commercial activities. Aged 46, Eric Herman has 19 years of commercial experience and a strong execution record, which is exactly what Damco is looking for, says Damco CEO Rolf Habben-Jansen.
Eric Herman joins Damco at a time of steady progress and high expectations, especially in growth markets. With a USD 2.8 billion turnover in 2011, Damco has set out on an ambitious growth path, to become a major player in the global logistics industry.
The challenge facing the new Global CCO is to help Damco to continue delivering superior value to the customers, to grow faster than the market, as well as growing volumes significantly, while further improving profitability.
“I am excited to join Damco at this time. Damco has come a long way already, but the potential for further strengthening customer partnerships and growing Damco’s position as a logistics provider is huge. I am looking forward to get started”, Eric Herman said.
Damco had appointed a new CEO for its Europe operations also at the beginning of this year. Flemming Frost who joined from 1st January 2012 had replaced Kim Hedegaard Sorensen.
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category