Eric Herman on board Damco
Takes over as Global CCO.May 03, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Eric Herman has moved to a position as Global Chief Commercial Officer for Damco, the logistics arm of A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. He will take overall responsibility for Damco’s global commercial activities. Aged 46, Eric Herman has 19 years of commercial experience and a strong execution record, which is exactly what Damco is looking for, says Damco CEO Rolf Habben-Jansen.
Eric Herman joins Damco at a time of steady progress and high expectations, especially in growth markets. With a USD 2.8 billion turnover in 2011, Damco has set out on an ambitious growth path, to become a major player in the global logistics industry.
The challenge facing the new Global CCO is to help Damco to continue delivering superior value to the customers, to grow faster than the market, as well as growing volumes significantly, while further improving profitability.
“I am excited to join Damco at this time. Damco has come a long way already, but the potential for further strengthening customer partnerships and growing Damco’s position as a logistics provider is huge. I am looking forward to get started”, Eric Herman said.
Damco had appointed a new CEO for its Europe operations also at the beginning of this year. Flemming Frost who joined from 1st January 2012 had replaced Kim Hedegaard Sorensen.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021