Esprit's India story ends
The brand is shutting down its operations in India by the end of November.November 27, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Esprit is all set to exit India by the end of the year. The brand made its India entry through a deal with Madura Fashion seven years ago. The brand is said to be bearing annual losses upto the tune of Rs 20-25 crore which has led the brand toc all off their innings in India. Esprit had already shut down its flagships in Bangalore, Mumbai and Delhi last year. The brand is now clearing off its inventory and waiting for a complete shut down.
However, Madura Fashion was keen on associating with the brand in India and further carry out its operations, the global giant was not keen.
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2