Esprit's India story ends
The brand is shutting down its operations in India by the end of November.November 27, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Esprit is all set to exit India by the end of the year. The brand made its India entry through a deal with Madura Fashion seven years ago. The brand is said to be bearing annual losses upto the tune of Rs 20-25 crore which has led the brand toc all off their innings in India. Esprit had already shut down its flagships in Bangalore, Mumbai and Delhi last year. The brand is now clearing off its inventory and waiting for a complete shut down.
However, Madura Fashion was keen on associating with the brand in India and further carry out its operations, the global giant was not keen.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021