Essar Steel expands
Essar Steel, is planning to nearly double its retail outlets that include both company-owned and franchise outlets and add third party products in its stores, as part of its plans to focus more on ret
January 29, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Essar Steel, is planning to nearly double its retail outlets that include both company-owned and franchise outlets and add third party products in its stores, as part of its plans to focus more on retail sales.
The company, which has about 85 Essar-owned hypermarts and 300 franchisee-owned outlets across the country, will be adding about 70 more hypermarts and 200 franchisee outlets within a year. “Our initiative, the first of its kind in the domestic steel industry, to have retail sales through company owned outlets has given us good results. Retail sales at present account for about 25 per cent of our business,” said Mr Vikram Amin, Executive Director (Sales and Marketing), Essar Steel.
The primary objective of these outlets is to make available steel in smaller packages to customers with quicker delivery, transparent pricing and customised quantities. The hypermarts primarily cater to customers in the SME (small and medium enterprises) segment, ranging from small manufacturers, local fabricators and engineering firms to large corporations and construction companies.
- Welspun group aims Rs 1,000 crore turnover from new flooring line
- Miniso eyes sourcing Indian products to Australia & US
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years