Eureka to enter packaged drinking water
The product will be sold under the brand name 'AquaSure'
July 11, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Water purification appliances-maker Eureka Forbes is making a foray into the packaged water segment and will roll out the bottled water product pan-India by next year.
"We are foraying into the extremely competitive packaged drinking water market through the `franchise' route. In our business model, each franchisee will invest Rs 1.5-2 crore in a state-of-the-art purification and bottling set-up," said Eureka Forbes CEO - Direct Sales and Senior Vice President Marketing, Marzin Shroff.
The company will sell the product under the brand name 'AquaSure', in 20-litre and one-litre bottles, but has not divulged the prices.
Eureka Forbes, which started the direct selling concept in India, has a 52 per cent market share in the 1,500 crore water purifier segment, with its Aquaguard and AquaSure brands.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021