Eureka to enter packaged drinking water
The product will be sold under the brand name 'AquaSure'
July 11, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Water purification appliances-maker Eureka Forbes is making a foray into the packaged water segment and will roll out the bottled water product pan-India by next year.
"We are foraying into the extremely competitive packaged drinking water market through the `franchise' route. In our business model, each franchisee will invest Rs 1.5-2 crore in a state-of-the-art purification and bottling set-up," said Eureka Forbes CEO - Direct Sales and Senior Vice President Marketing, Marzin Shroff.
The company will sell the product under the brand name 'AquaSure', in 20-litre and one-litre bottles, but has not divulged the prices.
Eureka Forbes, which started the direct selling concept in India, has a 52 per cent market share in the 1,500 crore water purifier segment, with its Aquaguard and AquaSure brands.
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2