Europe's Metro to expand in India
Plans to open 34 more outlets by 2020May 07, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
German retailer Metro AG plans to have 50 wholesale stores in the country by 2020. This retailer, which has been operating in India with its cash-and-carry business since 2003, currently has 16 wholesale stores here.
Europe's fourth-biggest retailer has also announced that it wanted India to become one of its "focus expansion countries", alongside Russia, China and Turkey.
Olaf Koch, Chief Executive, Metro AG, in a media interaction, said, "We have seen continuous like-for-like growth recently in India, and plan to expand here.”
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2