Europe's Metro to expand in India
Plans to open 34 more outlets by 2020May 07, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
German retailer Metro AG plans to have 50 wholesale stores in the country by 2020. This retailer, which has been operating in India with its cash-and-carry business since 2003, currently has 16 wholesale stores here.
Europe's fourth-biggest retailer has also announced that it wanted India to become one of its "focus expansion countries", alongside Russia, China and Turkey.
Olaf Koch, Chief Executive, Metro AG, in a media interaction, said, "We have seen continuous like-for-like growth recently in India, and plan to expand here.”
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021