FDCI President: Good opportunities for retailers!
Talking about the kind of opportunities created by fashion weeks for
July 01, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Talking about the kind of opportunities created by fashion weeks for retailers, Sunil Sethi, President FDCI (Fashion Design Council of India) told exclusively to Franchise India Media, on the sidelines of PFA’s unique fundraiser exhibition, “We have Van Heusen Men’s Fashion Week coming up in which the collection will be sold through 35 retail stores including the designs from designers like Rohit Gandhi and Rahul Khanna. We also have Wills Fashion Week coming up where the designs of nine designers will be sold through retailers. So we can see that vast opportunities have already been created for the retailers.” The fundraiser exhibition that was held on June 30, 2010, at Alliance Merchadising, New Delhi was about ‘Fly Your Own Carpet to Your Walls,’ a unique charitable initiative. Limited edition of hand woven carpets which featured the reproduction of the selected work of masters of contemporary art, had been created by the Sunil Sethi Design Alliance to raise funds for Maneka Gandhi’s People for Animal (PFA) initiative. Maneka Gandhi, the PFA founder who was hopeful about generating funds for veterinary hospitals across the country through this initiative, said, “Forty works from the best of artists like SH Raza, Manjit Bawa are being reproduced in 10 pieces each, which come along with a certificate from the artist. The price range of which starts from Rs 35000 and goes till 5 lakh.”. Artists like Farhad Hussain, Seneka Senanayake, Jehangir Sebavala, and Ram Kumar also featured their work in the exhibition. Work from designers like Rohit Bal, Manish Arora , JJ Vallaya, Ritu Kumar, Sabyasachi Mukherjee, Madhu Jain, and Rajesh Pratap Singh will be showcased in the capital next month.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021