FICCI survey declares ‘Sales are soaring’
Festive market conditions have helped domestic sales pick up from September onwards leading to retailers and manufacturing companies revising their year-end targets.
October 20, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
Festive market conditions have helped domestic sales pick up from September onwards leading to retailers and manufacturing companies revising their year-end targets. A quick market survey conducted by the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) among dealers and retailers show that buoyant demand conditions are prevailing across sectors from automobiles to consumer durables to FMCG products. The FICCI survey reports that footfalls have gone up by 45 per cent and sales by 30 per cent. The festive season, has seen a spurt in sales which is again expected to be seen around Christmas and New Year. The increase in demand and the good market conditions have prompted many retailers to revise upwards their year-end targets.
- RapidRetail's new store in Ujjain aims to strengthens Patanjali’s brand connect
- Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail Ltd Brings American Eagle Outfitters to India
- Reliance Brands in talks to buy Genesis Luxury
- Gini & Jony partners with NucleusVision
- Report says online platforms capture 38% smartphone sales in India
- Samsung eyes 10% more of Indian TV market
- Snapdeal's Jason Kothari quits to join Infibeam
- Harsimrat Kaur Badal asks ministry to relax restrictions over Amazon's food plans
- Furniture retailer Stanley Lifestyles partners with Conde House
- Ikea betting big on localization to win Indian customers