FICCI survey declares ‘Sales are soaring’
Festive market conditions have helped domestic sales pick up from September onwards leading to retailers and manufacturing companies revising their year-end targets.
October 20, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
Festive market conditions have helped domestic sales pick up from September onwards leading to retailers and manufacturing companies revising their year-end targets. A quick market survey conducted by the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) among dealers and retailers show that buoyant demand conditions are prevailing across sectors from automobiles to consumer durables to FMCG products. The FICCI survey reports that footfalls have gone up by 45 per cent and sales by 30 per cent. The festive season, has seen a spurt in sales which is again expected to be seen around Christmas and New Year. The increase in demand and the good market conditions have prompted many retailers to revise upwards their year-end targets.
- Traders to shut shops on Sep 28 against Walmart-Flipkart deal
- Flipkart blacklists several sellers selling sub standard bedsheets
- Paytm launches its own AI cloud for India
- Amazon may pick up stake in hypermarket chain More
- Mitashi mulling doubling sales to Rs 1,000 crore in 3 yrs
- Lifestyle plans to open 20 new outlets
- GST refund adversely effects Small biz exports
- Amway may bring its herbal range to overseas market
- Haier Introduces Luxurious Glass Finish Side by Side Refrigerator in India
- Walmart India Activates UPI on its B2B e-commerce Platform