FICCI survey declares ‘Sales are soaring’
Festive market conditions have helped domestic sales pick up from September onwards leading to retailers and manufacturing companies revising their year-end targets.
October 20, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
Festive market conditions have helped domestic sales pick up from September onwards leading to retailers and manufacturing companies revising their year-end targets. A quick market survey conducted by the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) among dealers and retailers show that buoyant demand conditions are prevailing across sectors from automobiles to consumer durables to FMCG products. The FICCI survey reports that footfalls have gone up by 45 per cent and sales by 30 per cent. The festive season, has seen a spurt in sales which is again expected to be seen around Christmas and New Year. The increase in demand and the good market conditions have prompted many retailers to revise upwards their year-end targets.
- Future Consumer signs MoU with T Choithrams & Sons
- Apparel brand Turms raises Rs 2 crore in fresh funding
- Luxury brand Shazé plans to launch up to 10 new stores in 2019
- Patanjali eyes opening 100 Paridhan stores in the next one year
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group