FICCI survey declares ‘Sales are soaring’
Festive market conditions have helped domestic sales pick up from September onwards leading to retailers and manufacturing companies revising their year-end targets.
October 20, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
Festive market conditions have helped domestic sales pick up from September onwards leading to retailers and manufacturing companies revising their year-end targets. A quick market survey conducted by the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) among dealers and retailers show that buoyant demand conditions are prevailing across sectors from automobiles to consumer durables to FMCG products. The FICCI survey reports that footfalls have gone up by 45 per cent and sales by 30 per cent. The festive season, has seen a spurt in sales which is again expected to be seen around Christmas and New Year. The increase in demand and the good market conditions have prompted many retailers to revise upwards their year-end targets.
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG
- Bluestone eyes expanding in India with offline stores
- Zomato buys Lucknow-based TechEagle Innovations
- Curefit may foray into online retailing of sportswear
- Virat Kohli's One8 expands brand portfolio
- Lighthouse invests INR 250 crores in footwear brand Aqualite
- PrettySecrets launches new store