FICCI survey declares ‘Sales are soaring’
Festive market conditions have helped domestic sales pick up from September onwards leading to retailers and manufacturing companies revising their year-end targets.
October 20, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
Festive market conditions have helped domestic sales pick up from September onwards leading to retailers and manufacturing companies revising their year-end targets. A quick market survey conducted by the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) among dealers and retailers show that buoyant demand conditions are prevailing across sectors from automobiles to consumer durables to FMCG products. The FICCI survey reports that footfalls have gone up by 45 per cent and sales by 30 per cent. The festive season, has seen a spurt in sales which is again expected to be seen around Christmas and New Year. The increase in demand and the good market conditions have prompted many retailers to revise upwards their year-end targets.
- Evok looking to open 25 franchise stores
- Bonn Group aims Rs 1,000 cr turnover over next three years
- BigBasket acquires majority stake in three startup ventures
- Faasos plans to raise funds for overseas expansion
- Sachin Tendulkar backed Universal Sportsbiz raises Rs 100 crore
- Liberty Lifestyle to target millennials for luxury perfume range
- Nestle eyes 3 per cent sales growth
- Gunjan Soni and Ananya Tripathi to exit Jabong-Myntra by December
- Foodpanda acquires Holachef
- Amazon eyes 7-8 percent stake in Future Retail