Fabindia to add 40-50 stores every year
Fabindia is an over Rs 1,000 crore company and growing with a CAGR of around 22 per cent from last five years: Ajay KapoorDecember 05, 2017 | comments ( 0 ) |
Fabindia, the ethnic apparel brand is expanding its business by adding 40-50 stores every year in existing as well as new markets, a senior company official said. The company which recently opened a new retail format called the Fabindia Experience Centre, plans to have 10 such stores by the end of 2018. Ajay Kapoor President- Retail, Fabindia said, “We would continue to add 40 to 50 stores every year,” The company has around 268 stores, he said, adding that the expansion would be through mix of company-owned, company operated stores and franchise model.
Kapoor said the company has plans to expand its presence in the overseas market too, “We would open stores in Fiji and Sri Lanka,” This would be in collaboration with local partners. Currently Fabindia operates stores in overseas market such as Singapore, the UAE, the US, Malaysia and Mauritius. Kapoor also mentioned that “We would have six of them by March 2018.” Fabindia is an over Rs 1,000 crore company and growing with a CAGR of around 22 per cent from last five years, he elaborated.
While 70 per cent revenue of company comes from the metro cities, it had recently opened stores at places such as Srinagar, Port Blair, Bhuj, Bhavnagar and Kovalam. “We are exploring new places, which has aspirations,” Kapoor said.
- Walmart India, Flipkart top executives meet CCI
- GSK exploring merger, may sell Indian entity entirely
- Kroger buys Chicago-based Home Chef for $200 mn
- DHL launches DHL SmarTrucking across India
- Amazon in talks to buy 10% stake in Future Retail
- SoftBank confirms it's selling 22% in Flipkart to Walmart
- Report says retail sector has attracted Rs 5,500 cr PE since 2015
- Kedaara, Partners to buy Vishal Mega Mart from TPG, Shriram Group
- Paytm acquires e-ticketing startup TicketNew
- Online Grocery Startup Milkbasket Raise $7 Mn Series A Round