Filling the 'Gap'
Gap Inc to be a part of Indian retail story soon.January 28, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
Gap, the largest casual wear retailer in the United States is planning to open stores in the country come 2014. This will be one of the big brands that will make an India entry after the elaxation of FDI norms for Single brand retail. Gap has been sourcing from India since the past 14 years and sources more than $500 million worth of products out of India each year.The brand is yet to decide if it will go solo or find an India partner.
The company owns brands such as Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, Piperlime and Athleta.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021