Filling the 'Gap'
Gap Inc to be a part of Indian retail story soon.January 28, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
Gap, the largest casual wear retailer in the United States is planning to open stores in the country come 2014. This will be one of the big brands that will make an India entry after the elaxation of FDI norms for Single brand retail. Gap has been sourcing from India since the past 14 years and sources more than $500 million worth of products out of India each year.The brand is yet to decide if it will go solo or find an India partner.
The company owns brands such as Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, Piperlime and Athleta.
- From MakeMyTrip to Cleartrip, e-travel firms to top $10 bn in bookings
- Myntra launches Italian handbag brand Carpisa exclusively on its platform
- Paytm partners insurance provider LIC
- Microsoft starts retailing of Amazon Echo devices online and in stores
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO