Fitness First is on expansion spree
Aims to invest Rs 160 Crore in India.August 23, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
Fitness First, one of the leading health and fitness group, is keen on expanding footprints in India. In conversation with Stefan TIlk, MD, Fitness First, Germany, he shared, “We have plans to pour Rs 160 Crore in next three to five years in India.”
“Soon we will be coming with three more fitness clubs in metropolitian cities Delhi and Mumbai”, he added.
Presently the company has six fitness clubs in India and this investment will be motivated to grow their numbers of physical fitness clubs to 30 in next five years.
Speaking about global slowdown and change in company’s management, Tilt shared, “We now are debt free company to think more swifly on our global plans.”
The company finds India as one of the potential business hubs and taking steps to consolidate than moving to the booming countries like Brazil, Turkey and South Korea.
Fitness First has more than 380 clubs worldwide reach in Asia, Eurospe, Australia, Germany and India. Fitness First is owned by Oaktree Capital Management, a leading Global private equity house, following a secondary buy-out in September 2012.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021