Flipkart Fashion to bank on private labels to increase market share
With Flipkart Fashion expect to witness 100% growth over next few months.September 10, 2018 | comments ( 0 ) |
In order to tap the upcoming festive season Flipkart would be offering exclusive deals on its private label range. The company is expecting to clock 50% of the online fashion market’s gross merchandise value (GMV) during the upcoming fiveday festive sales in October as reported with leading media resources. The company has already expanded its private label range from having just two brands during last year’s flagship sales Big Billion Days (BBD), to five private labels this year.
Riding on the back of exclusives and expanded selection of private labels, Flipkart is confident about expanding its market share in the online fashion sector. Almost 40-60% of the fashion platform sales are expected to come from exclusives and private labels.
- US retailer Sears Holdings Corp files for bankruptcy
- Philips Lighting to increase prices on select products
- Walmart buys online lingerie retailer Bare Necessities
- Rahul Dravid to endorse Philips air purifiers
- Paytm may acquire UCWeb’s India biz
- Unicommerce selected as the exclusive partner by House of Anita Dongre for warehouse & e-commerce management solutions
- Amazon registers sales surge across the categories at opening day of festive sale
- ShopClues launches International Store on its platform
- Retail sector set to reach USD 1750 bn. by 2026: FICCI-Deloitte report
- LOVE MOSCHINO launches first flagship store in Delhi