Flipkart Fashion to bank on private labels to increase market share
With Flipkart Fashion expect to witness 100% growth over next few months.September 10, 2018 | comments ( 0 ) |
In order to tap the upcoming festive season Flipkart would be offering exclusive deals on its private label range. The company is expecting to clock 50% of the online fashion market’s gross merchandise value (GMV) during the upcoming fiveday festive sales in October as reported with leading media resources. The company has already expanded its private label range from having just two brands during last year’s flagship sales Big Billion Days (BBD), to five private labels this year.
Riding on the back of exclusives and expanded selection of private labels, Flipkart is confident about expanding its market share in the online fashion sector. Almost 40-60% of the fashion platform sales are expected to come from exclusives and private labels.
- Welspun group aims Rs 1,000 crore turnover from new flooring line
- Miniso eyes sourcing Indian products to Australia & US
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years