Flipkart To Launch ACs And Smart TVs
Flipkart launched the MarQ brand in October last year and currently sells microwave ovens TVs and washing machines under the brandJanuary 12, 2018 | comments ( 0 ) |
E-commerce major Flipkart has announced the expansion of 'MarQ' brand of consumer durables to offer ACs and smart TVs as it looks to drive more revenues from its private labels.
Flipkart launched the MarQ brand in October last year and currently sells microwave ovens, TVs and washing machines under the brand.
MarQ's 'InnoCool' range of ACs (1 and 1.5 ton variants) will be available on Flipkart from April, while the 32-inch HDR smart TV will go on sale in May.
Flipkart Head of Private Labels and Electronics Adarsh Menon said “Consumer durables are usually high-ticket items and consumers often tend to postpone the purchase to festive sale. That is what we want to change. Existing products under MarQ have been well-received by customers and he expects the brand to capture 10 per cent volume share in each of the categories. These ACs and smart TVs will be priced 10-20 per cent cheaper than comparable products. We are also ensuring that customers have access to the best after-sales service (during installation and later).”
The MarQ range of products are sold on Flipkart's platform through sellers. These sellers licence the brand from the company, which charges a fee from the sellers.
Flipkart, like its competitor Amazon, has been betting big on private labels to boost its business across categories. Its private labels include the likes of SmartBuy (electronics and other items), Billion (smartphone) and Metronaut (men's wear).
Flipkart has partnered LEEL Electronics (India), formerly known as Lloyd Electric and Engineering Ltd, to manufacture the ACs. For televisions, it has an existing tie-up with Dixon Technologies India.
- Havells posts Q1 net profit at Rs 210 cr
- Bata India reports 37% rise in Q1 2018-19 Net profit to Rs 82.6 crore
- Canon India expands retail footprint in Mumbai
- Bajaj Electricals is expecting a growth of over 25% in Lighting segment
- Flipkart and Hotstar come together to announce a new ad platform
- Yaantra sells 500k refurbished smartphones
- V Mart embraces PeopleStrong Alt to empower digital HR
- Amazon Prime Days register 35% surge from small towns
- Select CITYWALK adds Japanese luxury brand Onitsuka Tiger to its brand portfolio
- Milkbasket launches voice buying