Flipkart brings Pvt labels in fashion category
Aims to churn out high margin from this categoryJanuary 27, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
Flipkart, which operates across distinguish categories like books, electronics and jewellery, has launched private labels in fashion category.
Justifying the move, Ashish Jhalani, Founder of eTailing India, said, "Fashion provides better margins and is a better hook than electronics to attract customers. While electronics provides less than 10 percent margins for ecommerce firms, branded apparel gets them up to 45 percent.”
He also informed that private labels bring in even higher margins of about 60 percent and for other leading online player, this section contributes about a fifth of total revenue. When contacted, the Flipkart officials remained silent on this.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021