Flipkart brings Pvt labels in fashion category
Aims to churn out high margin from this categoryJanuary 27, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
Flipkart, which operates across distinguish categories like books, electronics and jewellery, has launched private labels in fashion category.
Justifying the move, Ashish Jhalani, Founder of eTailing India, said, "Fashion provides better margins and is a better hook than electronics to attract customers. While electronics provides less than 10 percent margins for ecommerce firms, branded apparel gets them up to 45 percent.”
He also informed that private labels bring in even higher margins of about 60 percent and for other leading online player, this section contributes about a fifth of total revenue. When contacted, the Flipkart officials remained silent on this.
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category