Flipkart launches 'Flipkart Global', enabling exports
As a part of the launch, all existing 25,000 retail export sellers on eBay India will migrate to Flipkart Global and start listing their products through the platform.August 23, 2017 | comments ( 0 ) |
Flipkart on Tuesday announced the roll-out of 'Flipkart Global', a program that will provide its 100,000 plus sellers with an opportunity to export their products to buyers across 190+ countries.
The concept leverages e-commerce export capability of eBay India, ties in with the 'Month of Partners', part of Flipkart's Big 10 celebrations dedicated to recognize and thank its partners and sellers for their support.
As a part of the launch, all existing 25,000 retail export sellers on eBay India will migrate to Flipkart Global and start listing their products through the platform. Over the next 20 days, Flipkart will undertake a nationwide seller outreach program to educate sellers, onboard them and help them take advantage of the program.
The program will enable sellers from India access to over 171 million active customers of eBay globally in over 190 international markets. Some of these markets include the United States, UK, Germany, Canada and Australia.
"India has immense export potential and there are many SMEs who have unique products but don't know how to make them available to global buyers. With the launch of Flipkart Global, we're removing traditional growth barriers and giving them a platform to reach out internationally and expand sales," said head marketplace at Flipkart and head of eBay India, Anil Goteti. "Besides enabling trade, Flipkart Global will also help generate both direct and indirect employment opportunities, revive the fortunes of many artisans whose products are in huge demand internationally, and bring in much needed foreign exchange for the exchequer," he added.
- Select CITYWALK adds Japanese luxury brand Onitsuka Tiger to its brand portfolio
- Milkbasket launches voice buying
- Flipkart adds recharge, travel tabs on its mobile app
- Grofers to enter FMCG segment; targets Rs 2,500 crore sales in FY19
- LG India starts open cell manufacturing of TV at Pune plant
- Amazon pumped Rs 230 crore into India wallet
- Singapore based CCube Angels Network Invests in Inner Being
- Amazon readies for Prime Day with blockbuster deals
- Shoppers Stop betting big on omni-channel strategy
- Now IKEA will launch its first store in India on August 9