Ford to introduce lifestyle merchandise
Ford Motor Company will introduce its range of merchandise including apparels, toys and auto accessories in the country.
October 05, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
Ford Motor Company will introduce its range of merchandise including apparels, toys and auto accessories in the country. Entering into a tie-up with Delhi-based licensing management firm Licence India for selecting licensees in the country for manufacturing and retailing of its product range through its global licence agent Beanstalk Group, Ford is aiming at boosting its brand image and establishing newer customer touch-points besides exploring the possibility of using India as a potential sourcing hub for various merchandise. Having tasted success in the global markets Ford hopes of replicating this success in India as well. The lifestyle merchandise will be extended to a wide range of categories including apparels, toys, bedding and car accessories. The company is looking to leverage on Ford car dealers to retail the lifestyle merchandise. The company will licence Ford Blue Oval logo, besides its subsidiary Mustang and for truck’s ‘Build For Tough’ logo. Mr Gaurav Marya, License India President said, “At a time when exports are falling, companies are looking at the domestic market to expand. India, with its huge demographic constitution and growing organised retail, is a potential market for most companies to undertake a brand extension.” License India also manages the Indian licensing business of some other major global firms such as PepsiCo, Polo, Santa Barbara and Hallmark.
- Grofers' standalone loss narrows to Rs 258 crore in FY18
- Tablez eyes launching 20 exclusive Build-A-Bear stores in India
- Future Consumer signs MoU with T Choithrams & Sons
- Apparel brand Turms raises Rs 2 crore in fresh funding
- Luxury brand Shazé plans to launch up to 10 new stores in 2019
- Patanjali eyes opening 100 Paridhan stores in the next one year
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore