‘Foreign retailers no threat'
Govt says the local retailers have existed in harmony with the big retail chains.December 20, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
The Parliament on Wednesday was reported about the loss incurred by three major retailers of the country – Reliance Fresh, Bharti Retail and Aditya Birla Retail. Their individual losses were:
Reliance Fresh – Rs 345.82 crore during 2010-11
Aditya Birla Retail – Rs 423.1 crore during 2010-11
Bharti Retail – Rs 394.32 crore in the year 2011.
Minister of State for Commerce & Industry S Jagathrakshakan has stressed that the local retailers have existed in harmony with the large format retail chains and will not be affected by the advent of foreign retail players.
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2
- Indian food retail market may attract investment USD 827 bln by 2023: study
- Amazon to invest 220 crore more in Amazon Pay