Future Group and Percept all set to offer Bollywood experience: A new JV in the filmdom
Entertainment, Media and Communications Company, Percept, joins hand with Future Group to form a 50:50 JV in ‘Bollywood Retail’.
May 15, 2008 | comments ( 0 ) |
Entertainment, Media and Communications Company, Percept, joins hand with Future Group to form a 50:50 JV in ‘Bollywood Retail’. Bollywood Corporation Private Limited, the earlier venture of Percept, was aimed to provide the complete “Bollywood Experience” including Bollywood Cafes, Walk Throughs, Hall of Fame, Bollywood Museums, Bollywood Theme Park, Merchandising and a host of other experiential offerings for the visitors. This JV will fully exploit the retail infrastructure of Future Group and resources of Percept like the company’s IPR asset and software. The first Bollywood Experience Centre is expected to come up by fourth quarter of 2008. The initial invesment will be of Rs.500 million with the launching of eight to ten outlets in the first phase at Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Bangalore, Indore, Jaipur, Pune, Delhi and Mumbai. Presently, Bollywood Retail will focus on providing the `Bollywood Experience` and `Bollywood Merchandizing` within the Future Group`s retail network.
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG
- Bluestone eyes expanding in India with offline stores