Future Group and Percept all set to offer Bollywood experience: A new JV in the filmdom
Entertainment, Media and Communications Company, Percept, joins hand with Future Group to form a 50:50 JV in ‘Bollywood Retail’.
May 15, 2008 | comments ( 0 ) |
Entertainment, Media and Communications Company, Percept, joins hand with Future Group to form a 50:50 JV in ‘Bollywood Retail’. Bollywood Corporation Private Limited, the earlier venture of Percept, was aimed to provide the complete “Bollywood Experience” including Bollywood Cafes, Walk Throughs, Hall of Fame, Bollywood Museums, Bollywood Theme Park, Merchandising and a host of other experiential offerings for the visitors. This JV will fully exploit the retail infrastructure of Future Group and resources of Percept like the company’s IPR asset and software. The first Bollywood Experience Centre is expected to come up by fourth quarter of 2008. The initial invesment will be of Rs.500 million with the launching of eight to ten outlets in the first phase at Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Bangalore, Indore, Jaipur, Pune, Delhi and Mumbai. Presently, Bollywood Retail will focus on providing the `Bollywood Experience` and `Bollywood Merchandizing` within the Future Group`s retail network.
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn