Future Group's Chaupaati Bazaar
Tapping more and more consumer base from virtual shopping.
September 16, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
To tap more and more consumer base from virtual shopping, Kishore Biyani’s Future Group is all set to acquire online and telephone shopping portal known as Chaupaati Bazaar.Future Ecommerce will acquire Chaupaati Bazaar in an all-stock transaction. Chaupaati Bazaar operates the web portal Chaupaati.in and pegs itself as “India’s phone bazaar”. Customers can place orders on the phone and can also make credit card payments through an interactive voice response system. Being 2 years old, the company claims to have served around 150 cities in the country and had tied up with Future Group on various projects in the past.The company’s pertinent research findings state that online time spend is increasing among the urban consumer base and so this part of non-physical stores can generate substantial revenue. The company is targetting at least 10% of the group’s sale from it.The acquisition of Chaupaati Bazaar will give a boost to the group’s efforts in shopping on the telephone, a service infrastructure that will come handy even in teleshopping.
- Welspun group aims Rs 1,000 crore turnover from new flooring line
- Miniso eyes sourcing Indian products to Australia & US
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years