Future Group's Chaupaati Bazaar
Tapping more and more consumer base from virtual shopping.
September 16, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
To tap more and more consumer base from virtual shopping, Kishore Biyani’s Future Group is all set to acquire online and telephone shopping portal known as Chaupaati Bazaar.Future Ecommerce will acquire Chaupaati Bazaar in an all-stock transaction. Chaupaati Bazaar operates the web portal Chaupaati.in and pegs itself as “India’s phone bazaar”. Customers can place orders on the phone and can also make credit card payments through an interactive voice response system. Being 2 years old, the company claims to have served around 150 cities in the country and had tied up with Future Group on various projects in the past.The company’s pertinent research findings state that online time spend is increasing among the urban consumer base and so this part of non-physical stores can generate substantial revenue. The company is targetting at least 10% of the group’s sale from it.The acquisition of Chaupaati Bazaar will give a boost to the group’s efforts in shopping on the telephone, a service infrastructure that will come handy even in teleshopping.
- Grofers' standalone loss narrows to Rs 258 crore in FY18
- Tablez eyes launching 20 exclusive Build-A-Bear stores in India
- Future Consumer signs MoU with T Choithrams & Sons
- Apparel brand Turms raises Rs 2 crore in fresh funding
- Luxury brand Shazé plans to launch up to 10 new stores in 2019
- Patanjali eyes opening 100 Paridhan stores in the next one year
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore