Future Group's FMCG arm aims five Rs 1000 cr food brands in its stable in 5 yrs

At present, FCL has one Rs 1000 crore plus brand in the food segment, namely Golden Harvest.
Future Consumer

Future Consumer (FCL), the FMCG arm of Kishore Biyani-led Future Group, is eyeing to have five Rs 1000 crore plus food brands in its stable in the next five years. The company has a presence in foods, personal care and home care products.

FCL’s food business has a revenue of around Rs 3,600 crore. At present, FCL has one Rs 1000 crore plus brand in the food segment, namely Golden Harvest. Other four food brands that can achieve this distinction are Tasty Treat, Karmiq, CleanMate and Dreamery.

The firm has total 29 brands in its kitty, of which, 18 brands are in the food category and the remaining 11 are from personal care and home care categories.

Ashni Biyani, Managing Director of FCL, said, “Now, food is almost 90% of the business of Future Consumer, while the remaining 10% is from home and personal care. In five years down the line, it should be 80% foods and the remaining is from homecare and PCP.”

“Building a range of bakery products will be a key focus area for Tasty Treat in 2019-20, with brownies, tea cakes, macaroons, Italian biscotti, Swiss rolls, barcake, doughnuts, garlic bread and croutons at various stages of product development, formulation and sensory trials going on. This will be part of the drive to make it Rs 1000 crore. Now it is Rs 200 crore brand,” Biyani added. 

 
 
 
 
TRENDING ARTICLE
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU