Future Group to acquire Nilgiris
Estimated cost of acquisition is Rs 175 croreApril 14, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
Future Group is all set to take control of southern supermarket chain Nilgiris in a deal valued at between Rs 150 and 175 crore. And, as per the terms of this deal, Future group would acquire the 65 per cent stake held by UK-based PE firm Actis, point out media reports.
In return, Actis will get a minority stake in Future Consumer Enterprise, or FCEL, which runs the group's private brands business, and grocery stores like KB's Fair Price, Big Apple and Aadhaar. Actis declined to comment on this development.
Actis had acquired a controlling stake for about $65 million in this Bangalore-based retailer in 2006.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021