Future Group to acquire Nilgiris
Estimated cost of acquisition is Rs 175 croreApril 14, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
Future Group is all set to take control of southern supermarket chain Nilgiris in a deal valued at between Rs 150 and 175 crore. And, as per the terms of this deal, Future group would acquire the 65 per cent stake held by UK-based PE firm Actis, point out media reports.
In return, Actis will get a minority stake in Future Consumer Enterprise, or FCEL, which runs the group's private brands business, and grocery stores like KB's Fair Price, Big Apple and Aadhaar. Actis declined to comment on this development.
Actis had acquired a controlling stake for about $65 million in this Bangalore-based retailer in 2006.
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category