Future Group to sell its private brands through kiranawalas
Future Group is gearing up to supply its private labels outside the groupís 1,000-odd outlets. The company is yet to finalise its plans to supply its private brands to kiranawalas, but it has started
March 09, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Future Group is gearing up to supply its private labels outside the group’s 1,000-odd outlets. The company is yet to finalise its plans to supply its private brands to kiranawalas, but it has started marketing its select private brands such as Cleanmate in floor-cleaners, Sach in toothbrush and Tasty Treat in processed foods to hotels and small retail chains, among others.
The group has already advertised that it would give a margin of up to 55 per cent on the maximum retail price (MRP), depending on the category, to prospective clients.
However, the group’s plans to supply its brands to kiranawalas across the country will take a while, as it is strengthening its distribution set-up. The group was earlier planning to supply its brands to kiranas from the second half of 2009.
Future Group has nearly 300 products and 25 categories under its own private brands. Depending on the category, the group currently draws up to 15-40 per cent of its revenues from these.
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2