Future Grp & Staples split apart
Future Group to exit stationery JV with Staples, sell for Rs 170 crore.June 30, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Future Group and Staples Asia Investment have reached at an understanding to call off their JV. Future Group will be selling its stake to the partner for Rs 150- 170 crore. Pantaloon Retail India holds 39.5 per cent stake in the JV -- Staples Future Office Products (SFOP).
Speculations had suggested that disinvestment from Insurance, Stationery, consumer electronics chain and home furnishing network would add up to the tune of Rs 1,650 crore.
Future Group has seen its debt going up from Rs 3,858.26 crore in 2008-09 to Rs 7,846.14 crore in 2010-11 of which the core retail business alone, the debt stood between Rs 5200 crore to Rs 5800 crore.
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn