Future Lifestyle divested minority stakes in Biba & AND
Sells stake for Rs 450 crNovember 13, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
Future Lifestyle Fashion (FLFL), announces that it has divested minority stakes in ethnic wear firm Biba Apparels and designer Anita Dongre-owned AND for Rs 450 crore. "We are exiting mature investments. Both the investments were made more than five years ago. We exit investments when they become large. Total receipts from divestment of Biba and AND was Rs 450 crore," Future Group founder Kishore Biyani told to media.
While Biyani refused to give the break-up of valuations of investments in Biba Apparels and AND Designs, in an investors' update the company has stated that it made a profit of Rs 190 crore from sale of stake in Biba. FLFL had 22.9 percent stake in AND Designs and 25.8 percent stake in BIBA Apparels. The Future group had first acquired a 6.5 percent stake in Biba in 2007, which was gradually increased to 25.8 percent in 2011. While FLFL has exited from two investments, it has also picked up minority stakes in three companies. These are footwear firms Tresmode and Famozi shoes and Mineral, a designer label from Priyadarshini Rao. "These investments will mature in 4-5 years," Biyani added.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021