Future Supply Chain to serve modern retailers
The Logistics company would be providing supply chain services to modern retailers by getting in to this business
June 16, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Future Supply Chain Solutions, the supply chain and logistics arm of Future Group, has got into the multi-brand distribution business. Launched three months ago, the service essentially involves providing distribution services to modern retailers.
Future Supply Chain currently distributes over 30 FMCG brands (both domestic and international brands) to 11 retail chains across 1,500 stores in the country.
“Traditionally, in the mom-and-pop store format, distributors just sent the goods to the stores, took the money and moved on to the next store. Today, modern retailers expect distributors to study the shelves on the store and understand what's selling and what's not. Which is why we are leveraging our distribution capabilities and providing the same to the modern trade retailer,” said Mr Anshuman Singh, Managing Director and CEO, Future Supply Chain Solutions.
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn
- Spin introduces its 1st experience store in Delhi
- Skechers India to become wholly-owned subsidiary of Skechers Footwear
- bigbasket expands its offerings to include beauty products
- Health & Glow launches its 150th store in India