GCPL to strength its nation and nternational business
Godrej Consumer Product Limited (GCPL), the FMCG branch of Godrej Group, has recently announced its business expansion plans for domestic and international market.
September 20, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Godrej Consumer Product Limited (GCPL), the FMCG branch of Godrej Group, has recently announced its business expansion plans for domestic and international market. As per the company, GCPL is looking at ten-fold jump in revenue in the next ten years from the national and international markets. Last fiscal, the company's overall revenue was Rs 3, 800 crore.
As part of its expansion plan, the company is gearing up to expand its base particularly in the rural areas by developing products at an affordable price range. Tarun Arora, Executive Vice President-Marketing, GCPL, says, "We are driving our agenda to at least reach out to 3,000 plus population villages and towns. We need to have the right kind of products to access these markets and having the right kind of price points."
The company has also announced that Godrej Group is embarking on an initiative under the name - Good and Green, under which it will develop environment friendly products. The company also aims to create around one million employment in the next 10 years through this initiative.
- Grofers' standalone loss narrows to Rs 258 crore in FY18
- Tablez eyes launching 20 exclusive Build-A-Bear stores in India
- Future Consumer signs MoU with T Choithrams & Sons
- Apparel brand Turms raises Rs 2 crore in fresh funding
- Luxury brand Shazé plans to launch up to 10 new stores in 2019
- Patanjali eyes opening 100 Paridhan stores in the next one year
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore