GCPL to strength its nation and nternational business
Godrej Consumer Product Limited (GCPL), the FMCG branch of Godrej Group, has recently announced its business expansion plans for domestic and international market.
September 20, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Godrej Consumer Product Limited (GCPL), the FMCG branch of Godrej Group, has recently announced its business expansion plans for domestic and international market. As per the company, GCPL is looking at ten-fold jump in revenue in the next ten years from the national and international markets. Last fiscal, the company's overall revenue was Rs 3, 800 crore.
As part of its expansion plan, the company is gearing up to expand its base particularly in the rural areas by developing products at an affordable price range. Tarun Arora, Executive Vice President-Marketing, GCPL, says, "We are driving our agenda to at least reach out to 3,000 plus population villages and towns. We need to have the right kind of products to access these markets and having the right kind of price points."
The company has also announced that Godrej Group is embarking on an initiative under the name - Good and Green, under which it will develop environment friendly products. The company also aims to create around one million employment in the next 10 years through this initiative.
- Welspun group aims Rs 1,000 crore turnover from new flooring line
- Miniso eyes sourcing Indian products to Australia & US
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years