GUESS to go on its own in India!
The Los Angeles based company has been present in the Indian market since 2012 and has operated in the territory through a distributorship model.August 10, 2018 | comments ( 0 ) |
GUESS, Inc. boosts its expansion strategy with the incorporation of its subsidiary, GUESS India, in Gurgaon, India. This move enforces the company’s policy of maintaining firm direct control over brand development in key markets globally.
As the brand continues to grow across Europe, Asia and the Middle East, GUESS will set forth an aggressive retail expansion plan in India. In addition to its retail expansion, Guess India will also build the wholesale channel through its E-commerce platform, extending its reach in a geographically vast and diverse country. Given the strength of the brand, its lifestyle offering and the company’s direct support of resources, Guess India is on a clear path to success.
The Los Angeles based company has been present in the Indian market since 2012 and has operated in the territory through a distributorship model. “India has always been a country of strategic importance to the brand, and given the recent relaxation of FDI norms, this was a natural decision. It is a fundamental step for us to accelerate the strength of our brand with clear and strong control over presentation and product assortment that is consistent with our brand strategy,” says Victor Herrero, CEO of Guess, Inc.
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019
- Saya Homes to invest Rs 450 cr in its 1st retail project
- Tablez to introduce US-based Build-A-Bear in India