Gap India Launches Make For India Range Of Clothing For Indian buyers
The brand is also rolling out two new smaller-size formats in the country, dedicated to adult fashion and kids.April 16, 2018 | comments ( 0 ) |
The US-based casual fashion brand Gap has launched a new range of ‘make for India’ products customised for the Indian shoppers in terms of fitting, colour, and design. The brand is also rolling out two new smaller-size formats in the country, dedicated to adult fashion and kids.
Arvind Lifestyle Brands India business head for Gap, Parag Dani, said the made for India range has been developed based on inputs given on Indian consumer preferences. “While Gap has democratic products throughout the world, some minor tweaks have been made for the select India range on an experimental basis,” he said.
Dani said there have been no tweaks in the pricing strategy for the customised India range. He said Gap is also doing two pilots on smaller size Gap adult stores and kids stores in the country.
While the average Gap store is between 5,000-6,000 sq ft stocking the entire range, the adult-only store is between 3,000-3,500 sq ft and the kid's exclusive store will be 1,500-2,000 sq ft.
“We have set up two adult only stores, one each in Bengaluru and Kolkata. The Gap kids exclusive store will come up this year,” said Dani.
- Flipkart and Hotstar come together to announce a new ad platform
- Yaantra sells 500k refurbished smartphones
- V Mart embraces PeopleStrong Alt to empower digital HR
- Amazon Prime Days register 35% surge from small towns
- Select CITYWALK adds Japanese luxury brand Onitsuka Tiger to its brand portfolio
- Milkbasket launches voice buying
- Flipkart adds recharge, travel tabs on its mobile app
- Grofers to enter FMCG segment; targets Rs 2,500 crore sales in FY19
- LG India starts open cell manufacturing of TV at Pune plant
- Amazon pumped Rs 230 crore into India wallet