Gillette delivers strong growth
Net sales up 16%; PAT margin at 6%.
Tags: GilletteAugust 28, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Gillette India maintained its growth momentum by delivering total net sales of Rs 1,229 crore against last year's Rs 1,057 crore, thus achieving robust growth of 16 per cent. Growth in net sales was seen across all businesses - blades & razors, oral care & batteries, with all segments growing. The April – June 2012 quarter of AMJ‘12 also registered strong business results, with Net sales growth of 15 per cent.
PAT for the fiscal year stood at Rs 76 crore against last year’s Rs 86 crore owing to currency devaluation, and increase in commodity prices as well as manufacturing charges. PAT for the quarter of April to June ‘12 was Rs 14 crore against Rs 3 crore last year.
Sharing perspective on the results for the financial year ended June 30, 2012, Shantanu Khosla, Managing Director, Gillette India Limited (GIL) said, “Gillette India Limited continues to deliver robust growth for the financial year ended June 30, 2012 with a continued focus on serving the consumer through superior product propositions and technological innovations. We are encouraged by the growth and expect the benefits of investments made to continue to have significant opportunity for long term growth by upgrading men from traditional double-edge blades to superior modern shaving systems such as Gillette Fusion. This year, Gillette India Limited was part of ‘Thank You, Mom’ campaign as part of P&G’s global partnership with the Olympics and continued its support to Shiksha to support education for over underprivileged children across India.”
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2