Gillette delivers strong growth
Net sales up 16%; PAT margin at 6%.
Tags: GilletteAugust 28, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Gillette India maintained its growth momentum by delivering total net sales of Rs 1,229 crore against last year's Rs 1,057 crore, thus achieving robust growth of 16 per cent. Growth in net sales was seen across all businesses - blades & razors, oral care & batteries, with all segments growing. The April – June 2012 quarter of AMJ‘12 also registered strong business results, with Net sales growth of 15 per cent.
PAT for the fiscal year stood at Rs 76 crore against last year’s Rs 86 crore owing to currency devaluation, and increase in commodity prices as well as manufacturing charges. PAT for the quarter of April to June ‘12 was Rs 14 crore against Rs 3 crore last year.
Sharing perspective on the results for the financial year ended June 30, 2012, Shantanu Khosla, Managing Director, Gillette India Limited (GIL) said, “Gillette India Limited continues to deliver robust growth for the financial year ended June 30, 2012 with a continued focus on serving the consumer through superior product propositions and technological innovations. We are encouraged by the growth and expect the benefits of investments made to continue to have significant opportunity for long term growth by upgrading men from traditional double-edge blades to superior modern shaving systems such as Gillette Fusion. This year, Gillette India Limited was part of ‘Thank You, Mom’ campaign as part of P&G’s global partnership with the Olympics and continued its support to Shiksha to support education for over underprivileged children across India.”
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021