Gitanjali acquires Giantti Italia SRL
The announcement is made 10 days after it acquires DIT Group SpA
June 22, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Gitanjali Gems said it has acquired 10 per cent stake in Giantti Italia SRL from Ambio SRL for an undisclosed amount, thus making the Italian jewellery company fully-owned subsidiary. In a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), the company said it has acquired the remaining 10 per cent stake in Giantti Italia SRL.
"The company has acquired the said stake from Ambio SRL on June 16 this year," the filing added. Besides, designing and branding expertise from Italy, the acquisition would help Gitanjali Gems to grow its overseas business.
The announcement comes within 10 days of the company acquiring Italy-based jewellery firm DIT Group SpA. Gitanjali has brands such as Nakshatra, Asmi, Gilli and D'Damas in its stable. Shares of the company closed at Rs 280.20 on the BSE, down by 3.65 per cent from the previous close.
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2