Gitanjali acquires Giantti Italia SRL
The announcement is made 10 days after it acquires DIT Group SpA
June 22, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Gitanjali Gems said it has acquired 10 per cent stake in Giantti Italia SRL from Ambio SRL for an undisclosed amount, thus making the Italian jewellery company fully-owned subsidiary. In a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), the company said it has acquired the remaining 10 per cent stake in Giantti Italia SRL.
"The company has acquired the said stake from Ambio SRL on June 16 this year," the filing added. Besides, designing and branding expertise from Italy, the acquisition would help Gitanjali Gems to grow its overseas business.
The announcement comes within 10 days of the company acquiring Italy-based jewellery firm DIT Group SpA. Gitanjali has brands such as Nakshatra, Asmi, Gilli and D'Damas in its stable. Shares of the company closed at Rs 280.20 on the BSE, down by 3.65 per cent from the previous close.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021