Gitanjali buys jewellery firm
Leading jewellery brand Gitanjali Gems takes over DIT SpA which had recently filed for bankruptcy process
June 14, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Leading jewellery brand Gitanjali Gems has acquired Italy-based jewellery firm DIT Group SpA, which owns brands like Stefan Hafner, for $11 million. DIT, a unit of Dubai-based jewellery group Damas International, had filed for bankruptcy and was under liquidation process with Civil Court of Alessandria in Italy.
"Along with DIT Group Spa, Gitanjali has acquired its operating vehicle 'BLU Srl', which was set up to help the four brands [Stefan Hafner, IO Si, Roberta Porrati, and Nouvelle Bague] keep working when DIT had sought to restructure debt," Mr. Mehul Choksi, Managing Director, Gitanjali Gems said.
Choksi further said that there is good brand equity of these brands in Italy and the takeover of the company will help Gitanjanli with DIT's Italian techniques and creativity for high-end products.
Gitanjali has brands such as Nakshatra, Asmi, Gilli and D'Damas.
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019