Gitanjali to launch 500 jewellery stores, this fiscal
India’s jewellery retail giant, Gitanjali Gems Ltd, plans
July 06, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
India’s jewellery retail giant, Gitanjali Gems Ltd, plans to magnify its retail presence byopening 500 stores by the end of this financial year.
In order to fulfill the demands of the Indian audience, the company plans to add 300,000square feet of retail space by this fiscal, up from its current 1 million square feet.
As India is the biggest consumer of gold market along with the rising income andfestivals such as Akshaya Tritiya holy day, the demand for gold and diamond jewellerysurges. Gitanjali by offering the products at lower prices aims at tapping the audience.
The company also has plans to accelerate its store launch in China by opening 100 storesin the next three years.
- Future Consumer signs MoU with T Choithrams & Sons
- Apparel brand Turms raises Rs 2 crore in fresh funding
- Luxury brand ShazĂ© plans to launch up to 10 new stores in 2019
- Patanjali eyes opening 100 Paridhan stores in the next one year
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group