Gitanjali to launch 500 jewellery stores, this fiscal
India’s jewellery retail giant, Gitanjali Gems Ltd, plans
July 06, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
India’s jewellery retail giant, Gitanjali Gems Ltd, plans to magnify its retail presence byopening 500 stores by the end of this financial year.
In order to fulfill the demands of the Indian audience, the company plans to add 300,000square feet of retail space by this fiscal, up from its current 1 million square feet.
As India is the biggest consumer of gold market along with the rising income andfestivals such as Akshaya Tritiya holy day, the demand for gold and diamond jewellerysurges. Gitanjali by offering the products at lower prices aims at tapping the audience.
The company also has plans to accelerate its store launch in China by opening 100 storesin the next three years.
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG
- Bluestone eyes expanding in India with offline stores
- Zomato buys Lucknow-based TechEagle Innovations
- Curefit may foray into online retailing of sportswear
- Virat Kohli's One8 expands brand portfolio
- Lighthouse invests INR 250 crores in footwear brand Aqualite
- PrettySecrets launches new store