Glitz Cinemas on expansion spree
Stargaze Entertainment, a leading film exhibition company, operating chain of multiplexes under its brand ‘Glitz Cinemas’ in emerging cities of India,
November 23, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Stargaze Entertainment, a leading film exhibition company, operating chain of multiplexes under its brand ‘Glitz Cinemas’ in emerging cities of India, plans to add 28 new screens by end of March 2013 as a part of its expansion plans. The company currently operates 22 screens across eight locations. With a total investment of 75 crores, Stargaze will stand at 50 screens across 17 locations, covering almost 350,000 sq ft of retail mall space and reaching five million captive customers. With this plan, Stargaze will also become the fastest growing chain of multiplexes in emerging India.
Glitz Cinemas are equipped with state of the art sound and projection facilities and offer differentiated services including Glitz Max, Glitz Lounge and Glitz 3D. Glitz Max offers a larger than life viewing on screen larger than 50 feet; Glitz Lounge offers the ubiquitous Gold Class experience with flat-bed recliners and personalised service; and Glitz 3D offers an unmatched 3D movie-viewing experience.
Sumant Bhargava, MD, Stargaze Entertainment Pvt Ltd, said, “Our expansion plans are inline with our vision to deliver international cinematic experience to smaller cities of India which do not have quality cinema infrastructure. The market has huge growth potential and with upcoming retail infrastructure in these cities, we hope to sustain our current growth rate and also consolidate our market position by March 2013.”
With addition of 28 new screens, Stargaze will offer a total number of 12,000 seats and creating employment opportunities for more than 1,000 young Indians in the tier-II and tier-III landscape.
- Bluestone eyes expanding in India with offline stores
- Zomato buys Lucknow-based TechEagle Innovations
- Curefit may foray into online retailing of sportswear
- Virat Kohli's One8 expands brand portfolio
- Lighthouse invests INR 250 crores in footwear brand Aqualite
- PrettySecrets launches new store
- Infiniti Retail posts 1st net profit
- Future group to launch Brand Factory online in February 2019
- Over 50 Indian companies aims to expand operations to RAKEZ in UAE
- Xiaomi clocks about Rs 23k cr revenue within 4 years of operations