Go green with Sahakari Bhandar
Continues with its ‘Go Green initiative’ it had started in 2009 by partnering with Environment group - RUR: Are you Reducing, Reusing, Recycling, Daman Ganga and Tetra Pak
June 08, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Sahakari Bhandar, Mumbai’s iconic co-operative neighbourhood retail store kicked off Phase III of its ‘Go Green Programme’ in collaboration with Environment group - RUR: Are you Reducing, Reusing, Recycling, Daman Ganga and Tetra Pak. The phase III of its ‘Go Green Programme’ seeks to sensitise Mumbaikars on the importance of environment conservation by adopting sustainable solutions in their daily lives.
The ‘Go Green initiative’ which had kicked off in 2009 across all the key stores of Sahakari Bhandar in Mumbai was a great success among Mumbaikars, who realized the importance of going green and contributing to saving the environment. The green campaign in its third year will involve initiatives on encouraging the use of cloth bags and recycling of Tetra Pak packages. The initiatives are in tune with this year’s World Environment Day theme: Forests - Nature at your service.
Sahakari Bhandar has been instrumental in encouraging customers to switch to reusable cloth bags. Using cloth bag would help reduce plastics which come from the precious elements from the earth crust disturbing the ecology of forests. 70% of the shoppers at the Sahakari Bhandar bring back their own bag from home for shopping.
Announcing the new initiatives, Vinay Adhye, Business Head, Sahakari Bhandar said, “The response from the Customers is overwhelming, it’s a delight to feel the concerns Mumbaikars show about the environment and the city. The total collection is more than 100000 pkts, which means saving of 11 trees and possibility of donating 23 school benches. This according to me is a great beginning.”
- Microsoft starts retailing of Amazon Echo devices online and in stores
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India