Go green with Sahakari Bhandar
Continues with its ‘Go Green initiative’ it had started in 2009 by partnering with Environment group - RUR: Are you Reducing, Reusing, Recycling, Daman Ganga and Tetra Pak
June 08, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Sahakari Bhandar, Mumbai’s iconic co-operative neighbourhood retail store kicked off Phase III of its ‘Go Green Programme’ in collaboration with Environment group - RUR: Are you Reducing, Reusing, Recycling, Daman Ganga and Tetra Pak. The phase III of its ‘Go Green Programme’ seeks to sensitise Mumbaikars on the importance of environment conservation by adopting sustainable solutions in their daily lives.
The ‘Go Green initiative’ which had kicked off in 2009 across all the key stores of Sahakari Bhandar in Mumbai was a great success among Mumbaikars, who realized the importance of going green and contributing to saving the environment. The green campaign in its third year will involve initiatives on encouraging the use of cloth bags and recycling of Tetra Pak packages. The initiatives are in tune with this year’s World Environment Day theme: Forests - Nature at your service.
Sahakari Bhandar has been instrumental in encouraging customers to switch to reusable cloth bags. Using cloth bag would help reduce plastics which come from the precious elements from the earth crust disturbing the ecology of forests. 70% of the shoppers at the Sahakari Bhandar bring back their own bag from home for shopping.
Announcing the new initiatives, Vinay Adhye, Business Head, Sahakari Bhandar said, “The response from the Customers is overwhelming, it’s a delight to feel the concerns Mumbaikars show about the environment and the city. The total collection is more than 100000 pkts, which means saving of 11 trees and possibility of donating 23 school benches. This according to me is a great beginning.”
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019