Godfrey Phillips to tie up with kirana stores
Plans to convert them into their franchise partnerJanuary 14, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
Godfrey Phillips, the flagship company of the K K Modi Group plans to rope in local kirana and grocery stores by appointing them as franchisees for its Twenty Four Seven Convenience Stores. Twenty Four Seven is a subsidiary floated under Godrey Phillips.
Twenty Four Seven would adopt franchisees to expand from the current 40 to 2,000 stores in the next five years. Currently, the stores operate in the Delhi-NCR region.
Samir Modi, Executive Director, Godrey Phillips, and President of Twenty Four Seven, said, “We want to become partners and convert as many local mom-and-pop stores as possible to our franchise, to enable them to fight modern retail players”.
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2
- Indian food retail market may attract investment USD 827 bln by 2023: study
- Amazon to invest 220 crore more in Amazon Pay
- Gap Inc. accelerates digital transformation with Microsoft Cloud
- Casa Buzallong launches its first store in Vadodara
- Raymond is now present across 500 towns in India with a dedicated retail chain footprint
- Tribhovan das BhimjiZaveri launches first store in Punjab
- ABFRL reports Q2 net profit of Rs 43 crore
- Arvind Q2 profit rises 16% to Rs 75 crore