Godfrey Phillips to tie up with kirana stores
Plans to convert them into their franchise partnerJanuary 14, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
Godfrey Phillips, the flagship company of the K K Modi Group plans to rope in local kirana and grocery stores by appointing them as franchisees for its Twenty Four Seven Convenience Stores. Twenty Four Seven is a subsidiary floated under Godrey Phillips.
Twenty Four Seven would adopt franchisees to expand from the current 40 to 2,000 stores in the next five years. Currently, the stores operate in the Delhi-NCR region.
Samir Modi, Executive Director, Godrey Phillips, and President of Twenty Four Seven, said, “We want to become partners and convert as many local mom-and-pop stores as possible to our franchise, to enable them to fight modern retail players”.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021