Godrej extending Protekt
The company is re-entering the germ-kill segment with new products. Plans to re-enter the air freshner segment is also in the pipeline
June 09, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
GCPL (Godrej Consumer Products) is gearing up for the monsoon and has decided to re-enter the germ-kill antibacterial segment by adding another soap brand to its portfolio. The No. 2 player in soaps is planning to extend its toilet soaps range by stretching the equity of its relatively new brand – Protekt. It may also consider entering the body wash category under the same brand.
With Protekt, the company is borrowing technology for hand hygiene from its acquired company, Keyline Brands of the UK. Protekt may also be extended as a body wash , a growing segment where brands like as HUL, Colgate Palmolive and ITC dominate with brands such as Lux, Palmolive and Fiama Di Will respectively.
GCPL is also planning to re-enter the air freshener segment vacated by the Sara Lee brand of Ambipur (now with Procter & Gamble). The FMCG company is also evaluating bringing in a salon brand, Salon Selective, from Keyline Brands.
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2