Godrej extending Protekt
The company is re-entering the germ-kill segment with new products. Plans to re-enter the air freshner segment is also in the pipeline
June 09, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
GCPL (Godrej Consumer Products) is gearing up for the monsoon and has decided to re-enter the germ-kill antibacterial segment by adding another soap brand to its portfolio. The No. 2 player in soaps is planning to extend its toilet soaps range by stretching the equity of its relatively new brand – Protekt. It may also consider entering the body wash category under the same brand.
With Protekt, the company is borrowing technology for hand hygiene from its acquired company, Keyline Brands of the UK. Protekt may also be extended as a body wash , a growing segment where brands like as HUL, Colgate Palmolive and ITC dominate with brands such as Lux, Palmolive and Fiama Di Will respectively.
GCPL is also planning to re-enter the air freshener segment vacated by the Sara Lee brand of Ambipur (now with Procter & Gamble). The FMCG company is also evaluating bringing in a salon brand, Salon Selective, from Keyline Brands.
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019
- Saya Homes to invest Rs 450 cr in its 1st retail project
- Tablez to introduce US-based Build-A-Bear in India
- LOTS Wholesale Solutions expands footprint with its third store in India
- Microsoft partners with retail chain Kroger to develop grocery stores
- Myntra's revenue for FY18 plunges by 80%