Grasim to set up plant in Turkey
Will produce VSF,raw material used for making apparels and home textiles.July 18, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Grasim Industries is working on setting up an Rs 2,764 crore plant in Turkey for producing VSF, a raw material used for making apparels and home textiles.
Kumar Mangalam Birla said,"A 180,000 tonnes per annum greenfield plant in Turkey is in planning stage. A detailed study and obtaining the requisite approvals to get this project going, are underway. As a country, Turkey offers enormous potential, given its pre-eminence as a major textile hub. Currently our VSF manufacturing capacity is 7.5 lakh tonnes per annum. Our ambition is to raise it to 1.1 million tonnes by 2015. We expect to commission our plant in Turkey by early 2015. This capacity will cater primarily to the textile industries in Turkey.”
The process will continue over the next five years to set up the facility along with a captive power plant and Sulphuric Acid plant. It would come up in two phases. It also plans to export around 20 per cent of the VSF produced in Turkey to European Union and other nations.
- Welspun group aims Rs 1,000 crore turnover from new flooring line
- Miniso eyes sourcing Indian products to Australia & US
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years