Groupe SEB buys 55% in Maharaja Whiteline
France-based Groupe SEB on Monday said it has acquired 55 per cent equity stake in Maharaja Whiteline.
December 21, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
France-based Groupe SEB on Monday said it has acquired 55 per cent equity stake in Maharaja Whiteline, a leading producer of small electrical appliances in India, for an undisclosed amount. The transaction gives Groupe SEB a foothold in the local small electrical appliance market, which is expanding at an annual rate of 15 per cent. While the acquisition gives SEB a controlling interest in Delhi-based Maharaja, the remaining shares will be held by founder Harish Kumar and family. Harish Kumar will also continue to serve as the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019
- Saya Homes to invest Rs 450 cr in its 1st retail project
- Tablez to introduce US-based Build-A-Bear in India