HDFC Bank to expand branch network by 10 per cent in south India
HDFC Bank would expand its branch network by 10 per cent on the current 760 branches across south India.June 27, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
COIMBATORE: HDFC Bank would expand its branch network by 10 per cent on the current 760 branches across south India, a top bank official said today.
The bank, which reached a milestone of 200 branches in Tamil Nadu, with the opening of a mini-branch at Peedampalli village on the city outskirts, would expand its branch network by 10 per cent on the present 760 branches in the current fiscal, Dhiraj Relli, Branch Banking Head- South, HDFC Bank, told reporters here.
The Bank has doubled its branch network in Tamil Nadu in the past five years, he said, addding, it would also open its first branch in Ariyalur district this fiscal. The bank has presence in all districts except Ariyalur at present, he said.
HDFC has so far opened nine mini branches, with 2 to 3 persons as staff in Tamil Nadu and the mini branch, a new format model introduced by the bank, takes formal banking to unbanked and under-banked areas, he said.
About 40 per cent of its branch network was located in the semi-urban and rural areas and the two-member Peedampalli mini branch would cater to a population of just over 3,500 persons in that unbanked village.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021