HUL: To enhance its rural distribution reach
HUL (Hindustan Unilever) announced recently that it intends to dramatically increase its rural distribution reach.
June 09, 2010 | comments ( 2 ) |
HUL (Hindustan Unilever) announced recently that it intends to dramatically increase its rural distribution reach. The quality and quantity of rural coverage will go up to the extent that the company wants to achieve that in two years what it has done in the last 25 years, as per Harish Manwani, Chairman, HUL.
While over 45 per cent of HUL's sales come from rural markets, it reaches 2.5 lakh rural retail outlets approximately and intends to scale it up to nearly 7.5 lakh outlets in two years time.
The increase in rural coverage will be a big leap, “and to my mind will be a huge driver of future growth,” Manwani said. “There's no direct benefit in a year but over the course of the next year we will create that, what I call the next gap between us and our competition, and while competitors are closing gaps, we have to continuously create new gaps.”
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021