HUL intends to launch noodles
Hindustan Unilever Ltd (HUL) is all set to launch an offering under the ‘Knorr’ brand. HUL plans to test-market the product in western India. Worldwide, HUL has been extending the Knorr brand to vario
February 05, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Hindustan Unilever Ltd (HUL) is all set to launch an offering under the ‘Knorr’ brand. HUL plans to test-market the product in western India. Worldwide, HUL has been extending the Knorr brand to various kinds of foods, and Knorr noodles are already available in Pakistan.
For HUL, launching noodles under the Knorr brand is expected to help it grab market share faster, since the name has strong brand equity.
Analysts add that HUL’s plan to introduce noodles could be aimed at strengthening its food business, in which it also has such brands as Kissan, Annapurna and Kwality Walls. Food contributes approximately 20 per cent to HUL’s total business and grew just 9 per cent in the October-December, 2009 quarter. The noodles market has been growing at 10 to 15 per cent annually, presenting significant potential despite the presence of large players.
HUL had launched a snack similar to noodles under the name of 4 O’Clock Tiffin in 200, but, the product failed and the company withdrew it.
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2