HUL intends to launch noodles
Hindustan Unilever Ltd (HUL) is all set to launch an offering under the ‘Knorr’ brand. HUL plans to test-market the product in western India. Worldwide, HUL has been extending the Knorr brand to vario
February 05, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Hindustan Unilever Ltd (HUL) is all set to launch an offering under the ‘Knorr’ brand. HUL plans to test-market the product in western India. Worldwide, HUL has been extending the Knorr brand to various kinds of foods, and Knorr noodles are already available in Pakistan.
For HUL, launching noodles under the Knorr brand is expected to help it grab market share faster, since the name has strong brand equity.
Analysts add that HUL’s plan to introduce noodles could be aimed at strengthening its food business, in which it also has such brands as Kissan, Annapurna and Kwality Walls. Food contributes approximately 20 per cent to HUL’s total business and grew just 9 per cent in the October-December, 2009 quarter. The noodles market has been growing at 10 to 15 per cent annually, presenting significant potential despite the presence of large players.
HUL had launched a snack similar to noodles under the name of 4 O’Clock Tiffin in 200, but, the product failed and the company withdrew it.
- TBZ-The Original forays into Bengaluru
- Fabindia launches its flagship Experience Center in Delhi
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO