Haier installs Solar Water Heater at SOS village
Haier, one of the largest Home Appliances & Consumer Electronics
November 13, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Haier, one of the largest Home Appliances & Consumer Electronics brands, recently has installed 30 recently launched Solar Water Heaters at the SOS Village in Faridabad as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility initiative. SOS Village is a 40 year old NGO institution which takes care of orphaned children of all age groups.
Haier Solar Water Heater is an eco friendly product which runs on free energy from the sun. The Solar Water Heater has injected PUF insulation which is an excellent for heat conservation and ensures overnight storage of hot water. Another key feature of the Haier Solar Water heater is that it is equipped with electrical back up which ensures hot water supply during cloudy/rainy weather.
Speaking at the occasion Mr Eric Braganza, President, Haier Appliances India, said, “The aim of installing Haier Solar Water Heaters was to keep the children of the SOS Village warm this winter. Haier is globally well known for their innovative, energy efficient & eco- friendly products and through this CSR initiative we further highlight our commitment to good governance, ethical conduct and social responsibility as our core way of doing business, and are strongly aligned with our drive to create and increase value for all stakeholders.”
SOS Village takes care of the child's complete well being including education up to graduation level, helps the child find a job and even mediates to get the adult married and have a settled life they run their own primary and senior schools in India in the name of SOS village school at various locations. They have over 45 villages spread across different cities in India.
The company has installed the complete system at the village which will include the pipes for carrying the hot water to the bathrooms from Haier’s system.
- TBZ-The Original forays into Bengaluru
- Fabindia launches its flagship Experience Center in Delhi
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO