Harley to manufacture in India
Groundwork is underway.
Tags: Harley DavidsonJune 21, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Harley is all set to localise their superbikes by setting up a manufacturing facility in India. Since its entry into India, the luxury bikemaker was selling assembled bikes in the country. Localisation and maufacturing will be centered around the entry level bike range. The Harley range starts from Rs 5.60 lakh and goes up to Rs 35.45 lakh.
The company is faring well in sales but in an effort to work effectively with the competition posed by BMW, Kawasaki, KTM and Hyosung which are cutting in on the bikemaker’s entry level segment, the company is making this move. Harley Davidson team from the US has begun groundwork and surveying apt locations for the same. Harley’s presently has a completely knocked-down (CKD) assembly plant located at Bawal in Haryana.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021