Harley to manufacture in India
Groundwork is underway.
Tags: Harley DavidsonJune 21, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Harley is all set to localise their superbikes by setting up a manufacturing facility in India. Since its entry into India, the luxury bikemaker was selling assembled bikes in the country. Localisation and maufacturing will be centered around the entry level bike range. The Harley range starts from Rs 5.60 lakh and goes up to Rs 35.45 lakh.
The company is faring well in sales but in an effort to work effectively with the competition posed by BMW, Kawasaki, KTM and Hyosung which are cutting in on the bikemaker’s entry level segment, the company is making this move. Harley Davidson team from the US has begun groundwork and surveying apt locations for the same. Harley’s presently has a completely knocked-down (CKD) assembly plant located at Bawal in Haryana.
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2
- Indian food retail market may attract investment USD 827 bln by 2023: study
- Amazon to invest 220 crore more in Amazon Pay