Havells inaugrates new facility
Unveils lighting fixtures plant with an investment of Rs 100 Crore.October 31, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Havells India Limited, a $1.3 billion fast moving Electrical Goods (FMEG) Company and a major power distribution equipment manufacturer, today unveiled India’s first large scale Lighting Fixture plant of the country at Neemrana, Rajasthan. The state-of-the-art plant is based on the technology from Sylvania in France.
Set up with an initial investment of about Rs 100cr, this investment is part of company’s strategy to strengthen its position in the fast growing and rapidly emerging lighting fixtures market. The plant will manufacture over 60 designs and about 300 SKUs currently employing about 250 people. The plant will cater to both, consumer and industrial lighting applications.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Anil Gupta, Joint Managing Director, Havells India Limited, said, “This facility will not only help us have a dominant presence in the lighting segment across the Globe but significantly increase efficiency, supporting our aim for profitable growth.”
Equipped with the machines from Japan, Germany and Italy, the plant also possesses robotized box bending machines. The plant is spread over 30 acres of land and with over 2,00,000 square feet of working space.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021