Havells relaunches Sylvania India
Electronic equipment maker, Havells has announced the
July 06, 2010 | comments ( 1 ) |
Electronic equipment maker, Havells has announced the relaunch of ‘Sylvania’ brand inIndia. After 17 years of discontinuation, the company is planning to restart the brand byinvesting Rs 120 crore in marketing and network expansion this year.
The company which would be named as Sylvania India is aiming to become an entityof Rs 500 crore brand in the coming five years. “We are relaunching Sylvania brand inIndia with the latest technology from Europe in the next two-three months, which will bearound the Diwali season,” said Havells India joint managing director Anil Gupta.
Reversing into the past, Havells had taken over Frankfurt based company Sylvania for$300 million through its Dutch subsidiary Havell's Netherlands BV. Sylvania was earlierpresent in India through a joint venture Laxman Sylvania but lost its way during the1990's.
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG