Havells relaunches Sylvania India
Electronic equipment maker, Havells has announced the
July 06, 2010 | comments ( 1 ) |
Electronic equipment maker, Havells has announced the relaunch of ‘Sylvania’ brand inIndia. After 17 years of discontinuation, the company is planning to restart the brand byinvesting Rs 120 crore in marketing and network expansion this year.
The company which would be named as Sylvania India is aiming to become an entityof Rs 500 crore brand in the coming five years. “We are relaunching Sylvania brand inIndia with the latest technology from Europe in the next two-three months, which will bearound the Diwali season,” said Havells India joint managing director Anil Gupta.
Reversing into the past, Havells had taken over Frankfurt based company Sylvania for$300 million through its Dutch subsidiary Havell's Netherlands BV. Sylvania was earlierpresent in India through a joint venture Laxman Sylvania but lost its way during the1990's.
- Future Consumer signs MoU with T Choithrams & Sons
- Apparel brand Turms raises Rs 2 crore in fresh funding
- Luxury brand Shazé plans to launch up to 10 new stores in 2019
- Patanjali eyes opening 100 Paridhan stores in the next one year
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group